Saturday, November 20, 2010

Welcome and Mabuhay!

A few months ago, an officemate encouraged me to think about going to Madrid next year for the World Youth Day 2011. At first, I had a few qualms about going because, if you know me, I am not exactly a "youth" in its strictest definition. However, a friend of mine who is older than me has also mentioned about going and had immediately, like the first one, encouraged me to go. I am Catholic and the last World Youth Day experienced I had was when I was in high school and the event was held here in the Philippines. I never did get the chance to join the delegation to Manila and of course, never did see Pope John Paul II. This time, I will to the best of my abilities, do all things so I can go next year. I look forward to going because this is a once in a lifetime experience for me. I look forward to going because I feel that next year will be one of those turning points in my life and I want that God would be one of the largest part of that. I am hoping that joining this communion with the rest of the world sharing my faith, will give me a clearer understanding of my faith and make me closer to the Lord. You may tell me that I can do it right in my own house, in my own church, in my own self; but, this is something I want to experience. I just hope that when I come out of it, I will be a better person who is more willing to serve the Lord.

So in my heart, I am all set to go to the WYD 2011.

Yet, going is not much fun without somebody you know to experience it with so I invited a couple of friends to join me. As of the moment, only one has replied positively and we are both excited. Out of our conversations, the idea of making our way to Madrid through Europe two weeks ahead the WYD event came up. This idea had merit but we also had to think of our finances but eventually, we thought that this is an experience we could not just pass. A lot of my friends told me to do this, too. So in the end, my friend and I decided to go for it and to plan for a three week journey through Europe on our way to the WYD event, our closing salvo.

So in our hearts, we are set to go to Madrid by way of the best places in Europe.

I am hoping to document this once in a lifetime experience through this blog, from our planning sessions to the actual execution. Follow us in our adventure!

Mabuhay!

No comments:

Post a Comment